Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Snow Day

It proved to be a very productive weekend. Not only did I thoroughly clean out my bathroom cupboards (a job long overdue), I also finished my Cabled Yoke Pullover. Yay! I am very pleased with how this sweater turned out. As you can see, it blocked beautifully. It should keep me nice and warm this coming weekend.

With the Cabled Yoke Pullover out of the way, I decided it was about time I got around to making 2008 my year of lace, considering that we are already almost all the way through January. I have been anxious to knit Aggie but didn't want to rush into anything. Such an exquisite yarn deserves an equally exquisite pattern and I am delighted to announce that I have found it: Muir, from Knitty, Fall 2007. The laurel leaves look like they are floating on the openwork background and the pattern lends itself well to the beige and green tones of the yarn. I've completed one 32-row pattern repeat and am delighted with the results. Only twelve more to go!
Yet another snowstorm has hit our part of the world. It's hard to know exactly how much has accumulated because the wind has swept it into drifts in some places and left the ground almost bare in others. A big snowfall is still enough of a novelty for us that I actually enjoy shoveling the driveway! With that out of the way, I plan to spend the rest of the day knitting. This afternoon I am going to begin swatching for the Graphic Hoodie.
Since I have done very little colourwork I want to do some practice knitting before I cast on for the real thing. I've always loved the look of Norweigan sweaters and like Veronik Avery's modern take on their traditional design. I think it's the perfect project to work on as I sip hot chocolate and watch the snowflakes swirl outside.

No comments: