Monday, January 7, 2008

Foot Fetish

The past few days have been all about the feet. I knit Craig's birthday clogs in his favourite colour. I will send them unfelted so he can be sure to get the right fit.

I knit and felted Cameron's new slippers.

I not only finished my Gansey Socks...

...but also the pair to match Jessica's socks. We picked out yarn to make a set of mother-daughter socks when I visited her in November.

Last, but not least, I received my last yarn purchase of 2007 in the mail this morning.

It's Sunshine Yarns merino and silk sock yarn in "Field of Flowers" and "Stormwatch".

And yes, that is snow that you see in the photos. We had a brief snow shower this morning, followed by an equally brief period of sunshine, so I headed outdoors to snap some pictures before the moment passed.

Now that my obligatory knitting is officially completed, I get to knit purely for pleasure. I'm going to begin with Paton's Cabled Yoke Pullover using Cascade 220 from my stash. Oh, and yes, I'll also be indulging in my foot fetish and casting on yet another pair of socks!

No comments: