Friday, May 16, 2008

Let the Fun and Games Begin!

The lilacs are in full bloom and it feels like summer. What a perfect way to kick off the long weekend!

Happily, I managed to finish my felted slippers in time.

My feet will thank me; the weather may be warming up but Cariboo nights are still awfully chilly. My knitting bag is packed with more projects than I can ever hope to accomplish and I am looking forward to a week of rest and relaxation...but no internet. Although I won't miss television I do feel a little pang at the thought of going a whole week without checking out my favourite knitting blogs and sites. But admittedly, that's part of the charm of the place.

I remember before we were married Cameron asked me what we did at the cabin and my answer was "nothing". Of course, that's not entirely accurate. We sleep in. We take walks. We visit with relatives. We go fishing. We have weiner roasts. We read. We knit and stitch. We do crossword puzzles and anacrostics. We play Yahtzee and cards. We have a few drinks and eat too much junk food. But if we want to do nothing, that's okay too.

Just a couple more hours and we'll be on the road. I can hardly wait...

No comments: