Thursday, May 1, 2008

Frolicing in Toronto

Well, I worked my last shift at the shop on Tuesday, April 23 and with some mixed feelings closed that chapter of my life. The staff gave me a nice send off and I look forward to keeping in touch with them.

There was no time to feel like a lady of leisure, however. Wednesday was spent getting ready for my trip to Toronto and Thursday found me saying good-bye to Chilliwack's drizzly weather and hello to Toronto's spring sunshine.

My timing could not have been better. Not only was I there to help celebrate my sister's birthday,
I also had a chance to attend the Downtown Knit Collective 11th Annual Knitter's Frolic. I have never seen so much beautiful yarn in one place and of course I had to take some home with me.

For socks,

for scarves,

and for shawls.

The week flew by all too quickly but I did manage to get some knitting done. I began my own Mr. Greenjeans sweater from some beautiful teal-turquoise-purple Cascade 220 Paints I acquired in Victoria the weekend before last

and finished up the second Rivendell sock on the planeride home.


Unfortunately, the weather isn't much better at home a week later, although the plum tree is now in full bloom. I am feeling a bit jetlagged and was up way too early this morning--I guess my body is still on Toronto time, three hours ahead. Ever practical, I just look at it as three more hours of knitting time.

No comments: