Thursday, December 13, 2007

Tea Time

Last week when I happily proclaimed that I had completed my Christmas knitting, what I failed to mention was that I still had my Christmas sewing to do. Luckily, this was not as labour-intensive as it sounds since I only had plans to make one small gift. This afternoon I put aside a few hours to produce this tea cozy for my brother-in-law, James.
















He requested it specially, along with the white teapot it is modelled with. When he saw the one belonging to my mother-in-law, he expressed an interest in owning one, so my mother-in-law, who does the (ahem) "random name-drawing" for our family gift exchange, somehow made sure I drew his name.

I am having more trouble Christmas shopping for some of the other men in my life, especially Cameron and Matt. It's hard to know what to get for them, when they don't even know what they want. If they're not careful, they might find only I.O.U.'s under the tree on Christmas morning!

I am continuing to slog away on Auburn Mist. I have almost finished the waist decreases and have about 2" to go before the armholes. I find I can't work on it too long at a time because the yarn and needles make my hands a bit tender. Let's just say that I am beginning to look at other wardrobe options for the big day but I haven't given up yet!

No comments: