Friday, December 21, 2007

It's a Good Day

No, I haven't finished Auburn Mist but I have made good progress on the second sleeve. How can your day not start out right when you look out the window and see this lovely sight?




















This is our Great Blue Heron friend, who has turned up regularly the past few winters, walking around the neighbouring field or using our clothesline post as a roost. I'm not sure if it's the same one returning each year (or same ones, as we sometimes see a pair) but I like to think it is.

My good mood continued as I headed out shopping. Now, I know what you're thinking...why in the world would the thought of heading out into crowded stores three days before Christmas make me happy? Because I finally came up with a great gift idea for Cameron!

He is a huge James Bond fan and has all the movies. However, I realized last night, all but two copies are on VHS. I decided it was time to update his collection to DVD and after going to three stores managed to find copies of most of the titles. For ten bucks or less! And despite being really busy out there, the lineups moved reasonably quickly and everyone seemed to be in a decent mood.

To top it all off, when I arrived home I found two more parcels of yarn that I had ordered with my Christmas money.















From left to right: Seacoast Handpainted in "Gilded Lily"; Cherry Tree Hill Glitter Alpaca in "Northern Lights" (I've drooled over this one for a long time); and Colinette Jitterbug in "Monet". I had the pleasure of seeing some of Monet's work at the Musee d'Orsay this fall and this colourway captures the feel of his work perfectly.

Now, with all that Christmas spirit coursing through my veins, it's time to resume work on Auburn Mist. I'm feeling lucky.

No comments: