Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Mission Accomplished

I really shouldn’t be blogging. I have Christmas cards to write and presents to wrap but lately it seems I’ve had very little time to call my own so I am snatching a few minutes for myself.

My Christmas knitting is done. I cast off and blocked the Shifting Hues scarf for my soon-to-be sister-in-law Monday night.


If you look carefully you can see how the line of yellow zigzags along the entire scarf. What you can’t see is the mistake I made about a foot into it and with any luck neither will anyone else!

We have snow today; after several days of frigid Arctic outflow winds it is our first significant fall of the year. I put some birdseed under the patio table this morning and Carol’s Avian Café has been hopping ever since. One little junco was too impatient to wait for me to go inside before he dined so he made it into this shot!

I’ve really enjoyed having a feeder this year—it’s been great to see the familiar birds return every day and to occasionally spot a less common visitor.

I’m afraid my time is up and duty calls. I can hear the minutes ticking away and fear the last few days before Christmas will disappear just as quickly. Remember when we were young and they seemed to last forever?

No comments: