Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Here Today, Gone Tomorrow

Cameron and I arrived home yesterday afternoon from our Reverse Honeymoon trip, not quite ready to get back to reality. We had a fabulous time touring BC and the Canadian Rockies and were constantly awed by our country’s beauty.

We celebrated our 24th anniversary in Barkerville and spent the night at the St. George Hotel.

Our lovely hostess, Saya, is at the centre of this photo.

We ate dinner at the Wake Up Jake,

serenaded by a duo performing music from the ‘30’s and ‘40’s, an unexpected romantic bonus!

It poured rain the next day but we didn’t let it get us down. All I can say is thank goodness for golf umbrellas!

The majority of our holiday was spent driving from place to place, enjoying fabulous scenery and hoping to catch a glimpse of some wildlife. We enjoyed strolling down the streets in Jasper and Banff, checking out the numerous gift shops and restaurants. And what holiday would be complete without a little yarn shopping? Nelson is the home of Lanaknits Hemp For Knitting so I bought a sweater’s worth of hemp yarn That Craft Store, Nelson's local supplier, as a souvenir of our trip.

I’m home barely long enough to catch up on a few things and get the laundry done, then I’m off again for a couple of days. It has become a summer tradition for my sister, Anna-Marie, and I to take a quick trip up to the cabin to visit our parents and this year we’ll be joined by my younger sister, Jeanine. Three sisters in one car should make for some fun times but nothing compared to when all five of us get together!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have a picture of the picture from right about the elk picture on my computer for wallpaper today. I have had it for a year or two. It is from webshots. Anyway, your country is beautiful! We celebrated our 16th anniversary last week.

Knitsnpurls said...

Yes, we are lucky to live in such a beautiful place. Congrats on your anniversary--what date? Ours was on the 28th.

Anonymous said...

Our anniversary was on July 31st.