Thursday, March 6, 2008

Shades of Brown

Almost a week has passed since the first of the month and while I haven't had as much time to knit as I would have liked--work keeps getting in the way--I have made some good progress on my KAL projects.

Last night I finished the back of Twist:

Even though it looks rather long and thin at present, I have faith that blocking and seaming will work its usual magic.

I love the cable pattern on this sweater. It's simple and quick to knit (at least, when you don't make mistakes) but just complicated enough to be interesting.

After I cast off Twist I turned to my current "on-the go" sock and turned the heel and picked up for the gusset. I always have a pair of plain socks on the needles that I work on periodically while waking up in the morning, watching tv, waiting for appointments, or riding in the car. This pair's made with Berroco Sox, colour 1420.

I wanted to have some mindless knitting on hand in time for this week's episodes of Survivor and Celebrity Apprentice. I generally watch very little tv--less than five hours per week--but I do like to indulge in my guilty pleasures on a regular basis, namely Survivor, The Apprentice, and The Amazing Race.

This morning it was time to return to my other KAL project, Ann Budd's Undulating Rib Socks.

This has proved to be a very quick and easy knit and I completed the first leg a couple of days ago. I'm now about halfway through the gusset decreases and will finish this step later this afternoon.

Is it just me or do you see a pattern emerging? Brown. Everything I am knitting is brown. Well, brown is the new black. Or so I've heard. Only...you know...browner.

Who comes up with this stuff, anyway?

No comments: