Monday, December 20, 2010

Good to Go

Well, good enough, anyway.

The tree is up, the cards have been mailed, most of the presents are wrapped, and as of about an hour ago the knitting is done.

Knitting 1972

Liz’s slippers have been felted, soled, and wrapped and Cameron’s socks have been bound off, soaked, and blocked.  They should be dry in a day or two—I will be hanging them over the heat register whenever Cameron is not around. 

I know he will be pleased to receive them.  A day or two after I blogged last he mentioned that new socks would make a perfect gift, although he was careful to note that with all the other things I had to do that he did not expect them until after Christmas.  I smiled inwardly—little did he know I already had a pair for him half knit.  I’ve also wrapped up two skeins of sock yarn with the promise that I’ll knit them up in the new year.  After several years of trying to convert him, Cameron is finding out for himself that handknit, wool socks are warmer than the cotton sports socks he is used to wearing.  He says he does not even need to turn on the space heater in his office when he is wearing them. 

I haven’t touched Alison’s slippers and mostly likely won’t for several weeks.  Nor have I finished sewing Morgan’s doll clothes but I’ve made enough that she won’t miss them and her birthday is coming up in a little more than a month so I can give the remainder to her then.  The last few weeks have been full with Christmas preparations, family visits, and social outings and I’ve reached saturation point.  To top it all off, I woke up with the beginnings of a cold this morning, the consequence of cuddling a sick Andrew last week.  Except for a few last-minute jobs, as far as I’m concerned I’m about as ready as I’m going to be.  My best effort is going to have to be good enough.

It’s unlikely that I will blog again before Christmas so I’d like to take this opportunity to wish you a happy and healthy holiday season.  Don’t forget to make some time for yourself in the hectic days to come!

No comments: