Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Focus, focus...

Thanks to some dedicated knitting I finished my Margaritaville socks one day

and my Punctuated Rib socks the next.

I’ve also produced two afghan squares since I wrote last. This one designed by Marian Tabler

and this one by Meredith K. Morioka.

That makes four in total, four less than I had hoped to have made by the end of April, but I still have eight months to knit the remaining twenty squares so I’m not too concerned.

I’m still in love with shawl knitting. This is what I have done on Silver Birches so far

and I caved and cast on Aspen Grove.


I think the colours suit the name perfectly.

Meanwhile, I am gearing up for another sockdown with three projects planned: Journey Cable socks, Marie Antoinette, and a mystery sock by Yarnissima. My yarn is all wound and ready to go.

With the beginning of May also comes our trip to California! We leave for the airport early Monday morning. All the planning has been done so all that remains is the packing…and the housecleaning. No sense starting that too soon or all my good work will be undone before we go. I’ve yet to decide what knitting projects I’ll take with me. I don’t expect to get a lot done but our plans do include some longish car trips so at the very least I can work on some socks.

The time has gone so fast it's hard to believe that just a year ago I was in Toronto celebrating my sister's birthday with her. I wish I could be with her again today--Happy Birthday, Jacqueline!

No comments: