Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Hope Springs Eternal

Warning! Embrace the Lace Spoiler Ahead!

Sometimes it’s hard to believe that Spring really has arrived but here is some proof. (Hmm, looks like the garden needs a good weeding.)

And this daffodil's for you, Christy! It should open any day now. I hope yours bloom soon too.

I was very surprised and excited to receive my first Embrace the Lace club shipment this morning. Since my last shipment from Woolgirl took almost three weeks to arrive I wasn’t expecting it quite this soon, especially since it was only shipped last Wednesday.

If this first package is any indication of what’s to come, it’s going to be great fun embracing the lace this year.
The theme of the first project is Hope, which is expressed through a lace stole designed by Chrissy Gardiner, knit in a specially-dyed colourway of Malabrigo Lace called Verde que te quiero verde. (I’m not sure how that translates into English but I know it involves green). Besides the yarn and the pattern we also received a large knitting tote, a key chain, a stitch marker, and some other goodies. While I’m not sure that I would wear this sort of lace stole I think part of the adventure of joining a club like this is to go outside of your comfort zone and knit the projects as they come. I can always gift it if it doesn’t suit me.

But first things first. I am going to finish my Aeolian Shawl before I begin any new lace projects. Call me crazy but after adding an extra agave repeat and working my way up through part of the edging I decided that I would have enough yarn for yet another repeat and frogged back 24 rows and added it in. I am now on the edging for what I hope is the third and final time. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My daffodils are only 3 inch stalks at the moment. Soon though. I love the flowers.