Monday, February 2, 2009

No Little Plans

Considering my last post, it was entirely fitting that I should turn to February 1st in the Yarn Harlot’s page-a-day calendar and read the following quote, attributed to Daniel H. Burnham:

"Make no little plans; they have no magic to stir men’s blood…Make big plans, aim high in hope and work.”

This morning I embraced this philosophy to the fullest and cast on no fewer than four new projects. Add to this the Fylingdales cardigan I cast on late last week, and I think it can be safely said that my blood has not been merely stirred but whipped into a frenzy.

Back, from left to right, Mossinette Socks, Washington Square Vest, Pink Ribbon Socks; Centre: Annetrelac Socks; Background: Fylingdales

My heart beat a little faster last night when I learned that I had won a prize for the Sock Knitters Anonymous December sockdown, a skein of sock yarn from PickUpSticks. I'd be part of this group even if there were no prizes but it was cool to have my number drawn.

1 comment:

lori said...

*ahem*... you're not at my level of startitis yet but you're getting there. ;)