Friday, February 20, 2009

Hope and Remembrance

Last night I finished my second pair of socks for this month’s SKA sockdown.

With their alternating stripes of stockinette and moss stitch, they’re appropriately named “Mossinette”. They’re knit in superwash merino from Beyond Basic Knits, in a colourway named “Hope and Remembrance”. The proceeds from both the yarn and pattern went to breast cancer research.

This seems like a good time to tell you that I got the results from my mammogram and everything’s fine. Let’s hope I remember to book one every year, the way I’m supposed to. Maybe these socks will help to remind me.

I’ve been plugging away on my Washington Square Vest and am now a few inches past the division for the armholes. Unfortunately, I haven’t been able to get a good picture of my work in progress so this will have to do until it’s finished.

Other than the cabled section and the lace border, it’s been all stockinette so much of this vest has been worked with a book on my lap to make the miles of plain knitting more bearable. I’m worried that it’s going to be a bit small but am hoping that it will stretch a bit in the blocking. And yes, I did remember to do a swatch but we all know they lie, right?

No comments: