Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Knocking Out the Socks

For my brother-in-law, Ed, some Retro Rib socks for his birthday on Friday.

It’s awfully convenient having a son with the same size feet so he can serve as both a “tryer-onner” and a model. These are now making their way to Toronto in time for the big day.

For my sister, Anna-Marie, for her birthday in January.

Alas, nobody here to try on her socks so this picture will have to do.

And for me, the Mystery Socks for SKA’s November Challenge.

The designer, Debi Leshin (FluffyKnitterDeb on Ravelry) will reveal their name to the group this Saturday.
The toes are supposed to be mainly red but I was running out of yarn so I striped them instead. I could have bought another ball but I knew I would feel as though I should buy two , enough to make a pair, and I just couldn’t face the thought of knitting a third pair in this colour, lovely though it is (I previously knit Cranberry Biscotti socks from this yarn) . So I made do with what I had, necessity being the mother of invention and all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very nice bunch of socks.