Friday, June 27, 2008

Happy Friday!

(Warning! Year of Lace Spoiler Alert)

And a happy Friday it is indeed. The sun is shining, I have the house to myself, and I’ve finished my Friday Harbor Socks.

It’s amazing how quickly you can knit a pair of socks from DK weight yarn, even when you redo half of one foot three times. That’s how many attempts it took to figure out where to begin working the final chart so that the last motif would end just before the toe shaping. I really like the Cherry Tree Hill Supersock DK and am pleased with how these socks came out. I’ve wanted to make them for a long time.

What could possibly make my day better? Why, receiving the second Year of Lace kit, of course!

The latest project is a rectangular shawl designed by Joan Shrouder. It’s made from a beautiful shade of Helen’s Lace (a yarn I’ve been dying to try), a heathery, denim blue with purple tones, called Blue-tiful Berry. As much as I want to dive right into this new project I am practicing the discipline of delayed gratification and finishing off a scarf for my sister first. She bought the yarn a couple of weeks ago when we visited Apple Yarns in Bellingham (great shop) and even though it’s not scarf weather right now (at least not today) I’d like to finish it sooner rather than later so it is no longer on my conscience. Thankfully, my gratification will only be briefly delayed since the scarf is being knit on 6mm needles and is already about ¾ done. You see, I’m all for character building but I have no aspiration to become a saint.

No comments: