Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Things

Something that makes me happy:
At approximately 8:30 this evening Cameron and I will be boarding a plane to Europe for a 12-day Eastern Mediterranean cruise followed by three days in Athens. It’s a working holiday but definitely more holiday than work.

Something that makes me sad:
Knitting needles are a banned carry-on item at Heathrow Airport so I will have to find other ways to entertain myself for approximately thirteen hours of flight time each way (not counting layovers).

Something that makes me happy:
I finally finished a pair of twisted rib socks I began in April.


Something that makes me sad:
Knitting miles and miles of 1x1 twisted rib. What was I thinking?

Something that makes me happy:
Knitting Nancy Bush mystery socks the colour of sunshine.

Something that makes me sad:
We'll have limited internet access so I probably won’t get to see Clue 4 until after we get home. Imagine, no Ravelry for over two weeks!

Something that makes me happy:
Jessica is moving into her own place while we’re gone, a beautiful basement suite she’ll share with her boyfriend and his daughter.

Something that makes me sad:
I’ll be the only knitter in the house when she’s gone.

Something that makes me happy:
I’m almost packed.

Something that makes me sad:
I still haven’t decided what knitting projects to take.

Better go!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

I hope you all notice that the fact that her ONLY daughter won't be in her life on a daily basis is not among the list of things that make her sad! LOL Love you Mom!